Two millions views on YouTube for a video on Homelessnes! Not bad for a group of DePaul University student filmmakers. A simple yet powerful first person account. Produced by DePaul student filmmakers, a YouTube video of a homeless man in Chicago discussing the complexities of his situation has received nearly 2 million views on YouTube. The video inspired Kim [...]
Tag Archives | YouTube
The new technologies add a new dimension to the devotion of saints. From anywhere in the world, it becomes plausible to see them and learn what they’re like. It’s a new tool to aid the Church in the New Evangelization. Not too long ago, the only way to learn more about the physical appearance of saints was [...]
Famvin draws your attention to a YouTube channel based in the Philippines offering a collection of 9 short Vincentian videos. 4:11vincentian vocation promotion 7:53St. Vincent de Paul and Windows on His Spirituality A presentation based on a talk given by Fr. Rolando Dela Goza CM during the Feast Day of St. Vincent de Paul last September [...]
The YouTube Channel of the Daughters of Charity USA has posted their 26th video - “A history of the Daughters of Charity of St. Vincent de Paul in the United States up to 2008.” Related FAMVIN Posts:Daughters of Charity “Transforming Mission” videosDaughters of Charity (International) open a YouTube channelWhere in the world are the Daughters [...]
This video has been around since 2009 but it still quite effective in its message.
Wanda is what’s known as the “working poor”. She rides three buses – a two and a half hour ride – just to get to her job every day. But she is grateful to have a job. And she is living in a shelter. Wanda never imagined she’s be homeless at 59. Her husband has serious [...]
These courageous nuns were at Selma in 1965. Now coinciding with the Nuns on the Bus cross-country tour, 174 members of Congress co-sponsored a resolution commending the American women religious community for their tremendous impact on our nation. In this YouTube video, 75 of those representatives add a personal note to the sisters. YouTube coverage of their [...]
Dandy Labitag, CM of the Philippines has once again posted a fine presentation on YouTube. “Come Holy Spirit” is a visual reflection of the song by John Michael Talbot. Related FAMVIN Posts:Encountering modern saints via technologyA YouTube collection of Vincentian videosFifty questions gets 2 million viewersThe heart of a Daughter of Charity – The EucharistSummer [...]
In addition to their YouTube channel the Daughters of Charity US now have many of their videos on GodTube, a Christian form of YouTube. St. Ann’s-Ministry of the Daughters of Charity St. Ann’s Infant and Maternity celebrates its 150th anniversary!daughtersofcharityus Mission of the Daughters of Charity Photos of the ministries of the Daughters and excerpts from their [...]
Here is a source to check out for Vincentian Family presence in social media. Scroll through the page to see links to live feeds for FamVin.org Project Facebook pages, Twitter, You Tube Channels and Pinterest, as well as other Vincentian Family branches on Facebook and Twitter. The list is by no means complete but it [...]
Subscribe to Updates
- jbf: Another opportunity from the Sisters of Charity of...
- jbf: My apologies for missing Colorado Vincentian Volun...
- Éibhlis NicUaithuas: Also Colorado Vincentian Volunteers www.covivo.org...
- jbf: Ross Dizon's personal reflections http://vincent...
- jbf: For those who follow Pinterest ...
- Plastic shopping bags – sleeping mats for the homeless May 3, 2013
- The Pope and the Vincentian Superior General April 29, 2013
- Vincentian Service and Mission opportunities May 18, 2013
- Mother and Superior General May 15, 2013
- Daughters of Charity at Risk May 12, 2013
- Please pray! May 20, 2013
- What we have seen and heard we proclaim now to you, so that you too may have fellowship with us (1 Jn 1, 3) May 20, 2013
- Kickoff of Vincentian Family Collaborative Action Program May 20, 2013
- Celebrating the Bicentenary of the Birth of Frederic Ozanam May 19, 2013
- What would Vincent do? May 19, 2013