As part of their St Vincent de Paul Winter Appeal, 23 Mini Vinnies from Queensland Australia “slept out” on July 20 to gain a better understanding of being homeless. Primary and secondary school students slept “rough” to raise awareness of and funds for the homeless. Pastoral care worker Josephite Sister Anne Cannon said it was [...]
Tag Archives | Winter Appeal
St Vincent de Paul Society winter appeal TV commercial (30 second) – There’s no magic solution to poverty. It takes compassion, commitment and money. Related FAMVIN Posts:Vinnies (Australia) call for bipartisan commitmentVinnies Social Justice Update December 2012“Homeless … but not helpless”Impact of price increases need for SVDPVinnies: raising consciousness of poverty
The Society of St. Vincent dePaul in Australia presents an effective way to make this point and involve people in their annual Winter Appeal. One video is 30 seconds while the other is a mere 15 seconds. Related FAMVIN Posts:“Sleeping” CEOs raise almost $4 million for homelessSVDP and Australian government differ on budgetSVDP – ‘a [...]
Subscribe to Updates
- jbf: Follow the events of this celebration as they unfo...
- georgia hedrick: Now if only I could make the LAWN addicts of the d...
- jbf: 4 faith perspectives on Gatsby ...
- jbf: Dear Georgia, thanks for giving us the facts! PS P...
- georgia hedrick: Water is more important than oil or gold or gas or...
- Plastic shopping bags – sleeping mats for the homeless May 3, 2013
- Vincentian experience of no water in the US May 21, 2013
- Vincentian Service and Mission opportunities May 18, 2013
- The Pope and the Vincentian Superior General April 29, 2013
- The Seven Deadly Sins and The Great Gatsby May 17, 2013
- Memorial Day Virtual Retreat May 25, 2013
- LCUSA Annual Meeting Agenda May 25, 2013
- Vincent on the Trinity and Corpus Christi May 25, 2013
- Encyclical on Poverty May 25, 2013
- Remember Memorial Day not because… May 24, 2013