According to UNICEF, 23.1% of American children under the age of seventeen live in poverty, which makes the United States rank second out of thirty-five economically advanced countries ranked in that category. Romania ranks first, with 25.5% of children living in poverty. (Click to enlarge) Related FAMVIN Posts:New media and UNICEF – The Pinterest factorUS – second [...]
Tag Archives | UNICEF
A clever new Pinterest campaign from UNICEF, aiming to raise awareness for child poverty and the work of UNICEF, adds perspective to the aspiration-filled social network. For many of us who have caught the Pinterest bug, the visual site is a place for giving into our deepest materialistic wants, by creating virtual wishlists of fashion, high-end [...]
The LA TImes reporting from Johannesburg, South Africa— Famine is a very technical term — unless you’re one of those walking for weeks in a last-ditch hope to save your family. For months, people have been trudging out of the desert, leaving their dead children behind and carrying those who have managed to survive. On Wednesday, [...]
Subscribe to Updates
- jbf: Follow the events of this celebration as they unfo...
- georgia hedrick: Now if only I could make the LAWN addicts of the d...
- jbf: 4 faith perspectives on Gatsby ...
- jbf: Dear Georgia, thanks for giving us the facts! PS P...
- georgia hedrick: Water is more important than oil or gold or gas or...
- Plastic shopping bags – sleeping mats for the homeless May 3, 2013
- Vincentian experience of no water in the US May 21, 2013
- The Pope and the Vincentian Superior General April 29, 2013
- Vincentian Service and Mission opportunities May 18, 2013
- Mother and Superior General May 15, 2013
- Remember Memorial Day not because… May 24, 2013
- SVDP youth receive advocacy award May 24, 2013
- Photo album of VFCAP Day 1 May 24, 2013
- Most Holy Trinity May 24, 2013
- Elements of Vincentian Family Collaboration May 23, 2013