Vincentians turn over 50 houses to Typhoon Sendong victims The Society of St. Vincent de Paul (SSVP) turned over some housing units to survivors of Typhoon Sendong in Cagayan de Oro City Philippines onMay 4. Recognizing the plight of the survivors of urban poor communities in affected areas in Mindanao, particularly in Cagayan de Oro City, [...]
Tag Archives | SSVDP
The Central Board of the Society of St. Vincent dePaul is pleased to announce the appointment of Sister Maureen McGuire, DC, as the new Spiritual Advisor to the CGI Board. Sister Maureen belongs to the Daughters of Charity in the Saint Louise-USA Province in Missouri, USA. She is presently the Executive Vice-President, Mission Integration, Ascension Health Alliance, and Senior [...]
DR. Michael Thio, President General, visited Hong Kong (Special Administrative Region of China) on 23- 24 March 2012 and met up with Maurice Yeung, President, Central Council, SSVP Hong Kong (Special Administrative Region of China), and members of his Central Council. The President General held wide-ranging talks with the members covering their varied services to the [...]
Dr. Michael Thio, President of VIncent dePaul Society announces that the Daughters of Charity have presented them with the precious gifts of the holy relics of St. Louise de Marillac and also that of Blessed Sister Rosalie Rendu. “The President General, Dr. Michael Thio, received these with great honour from Sister Rosa Maria Miro, General Assistant, [...]
The team will remain in Bolivia exactly for a month, visiting such Bolivian cities, as Sucre, Santa Cruz de la Sierra, Potosí, Tarija, La Paz and El Alto. In those places, the Vincentians volunteers will have as their main mission to organize, stimulate and found Vincentian Conferences in parishes and schools. On January 7th, Project Bolivia of VINPAZ [Link no longer [...]
Eugene Oregon veteran Steven Vann found himself homeless last March for the first time in life. After a short time at the Eugene Gospel Mission, Vann said St. Vincent de Paul helped him begin to turn his life around. “We get housing for up to two years – no rent, no utilities – for us to get [...]
With powerful lobbies spending enormous sums to ensure that the industries they represent are heard it is more important than ever to ask who is lobbying for the least among us? With everyone clamoring for a voice at the tables of power who notices the Dives languishing at the foot of Lazarus’ table? The Society [...]
Michael Thio, former International Vice-President of the Society of St. Vincent dePaul, has been elected to succeed Jose Ramon Torremocha. He was formerly the Managing Director of BT (British Telecom) South East Asia and now serves in the capacity as Senior Consultant. This marks the first time a non-European has held the Presendiency. Related FAMVIN [...]
The international site fo the SSVDP has published a photo album (link no longer active) of the SSVDP President to Haiti Apil 2010 Related FAMVIN Posts:Vincentians hand over 50 houses to typhoon victimsZafen-Fonkose best in classDaughters of Charity and Haitian womenHaiti Libre references Vincentian Family projectZAFEN celebrates 3 years, $1.6 million!
“Our website will change on April 6! The new address is www.ssvpglobal.org , although the previous www.ozanet.org continues to work for some time. We hope you like the new website and that like this our aim to serve the Society and the Vincentian world in the best possible way by providing quick, clear and interesting [...]
Subscribe to Updates
- jbf: Another opportunity from the Sisters of Charity of...
- jbf: My apologies for missing Colorado Vincentian Volun...
- Éibhlis NicUaithuas: Also Colorado Vincentian Volunteers www.covivo.org...
- jbf: Ross Dizon's personal reflections http://vincent...
- jbf: For those who follow Pinterest ...
- Plastic shopping bags – sleeping mats for the homeless May 3, 2013
- The Pope and the Vincentian Superior General April 29, 2013
- Vincentian Service and Mission opportunities May 18, 2013
- Mother and Superior General May 15, 2013
- Niagara U. students donating “left-over” items May 1, 2013
- Something new is happening … in Paris May 21, 2013
- Please pray! May 20, 2013
- What we have seen and heard we proclaim now to you, so that you too may have fellowship with us (1 Jn 1, 3) May 20, 2013
- Kickoff of Vincentian Family Collaborative Action Program May 20, 2013
- Celebrating the Bicentenary of the Birth of Frederic Ozanam May 19, 2013