In a video ”To the least of my brothers” Mt 25,40 Father Pedro OpekaCM says… “When I arrived I could not shut my eyes to utter destitution. I saw a 1,000 children struggling for survival among the animals in the garbage dump … I was dumbstruck. … I said to myself , ”Here I could not just talk. [...]
Tag Archives | Opeka
People familiar with the magnificent Systemic Change project initiated by Fr. Pedro Opeka, CM in Madagascar will be pleased to see his friends have mounted a quite professional website which effectively incorporate social media such as Twitter and Flicker. Although well known in other languages this site can take english visitors well beyond the pages [...]
“As long as there are bold and dedicated young people in Africa and on our Continent, hope will always be alive in humanity and the fire of Christ’s love will become attractive to many young people and lead them to live out this commitment, renouncing privileges in order to live in freedom, building a civilization of respect, justice, [...]
Toma in Poland continues to offer the translations of the Chronicles of th Vincentian Family meeting in Mexico on systemic change from the Spanish famvin site. Links for days one and two. Related FAMVIN Posts:145 Members of Vincentian Family in Latin America gather in MexicoKickoff of Vincentian Family Collaborative Action ProgramVincentian Collaborators planningZAFEN – new [...]
The Office of Communications in the CM Curia has presented an interview and videos of P. Opeka, CM who received the Van Thuan Prize 2008, Solidarity and Development. The celebration wasÂ organized by the Pontifical Institute for Justice and Peace. Related FAMVIN Posts:Vatican – gallery of a PontificatePope’s Lenten MessagePapal message for World Day of [...]
Systemic change: focus on the poor as the persons who are most capable of changing their own situation
The ninth in the Seeds of Change series: 20 strategies for systemic change described by members of the Vincentian Family’s Commission for Promoting Systemic Change. Patricia Nava writes: Systemic Change Strategy Eight: Listen carefully and seek to understand the needs and aspirations of the poor, creating an atmosphere of respect and mutual confidence and fostering [...]
Subscribe to Updates
- jbf: Follow the events of this celebration as they unfo...
- georgia hedrick: Now if only I could make the LAWN addicts of the d...
- jbf: 4 faith perspectives on Gatsby ...
- jbf: Dear Georgia, thanks for giving us the facts! PS P...
- georgia hedrick: Water is more important than oil or gold or gas or...
- Plastic shopping bags – sleeping mats for the homeless May 3, 2013
- Vincentian Service and Mission opportunities May 18, 2013
- The Pope and the Vincentian Superior General April 29, 2013
- Vincentian experience of no water in the US May 21, 2013
- The Seven Deadly Sins and The Great Gatsby May 17, 2013
- Vincent on the Trinity and Corpus Christi May 25, 2013
- Encyclical on Poverty May 25, 2013
- Remember Memorial Day not because… May 24, 2013
- SVDP youth receive advocacy award May 24, 2013
- Photo album of VFCAP Day 1 May 24, 2013