Adam J. Copeland, guest blogger at the New Media Project at Union theological, reflects on the opportunities and challenges of Pinterest in“Inspiration pinned: The rise of spiritual quotes on Pinterest” “Be uncommon.” “You are always stronger than you think you are.” “Be so happy that when others look at you they become happy too.” These [...]
Tag Archives | New Media
Below are four paragraphs (59-62) from the Instrumentum Laboris or “working document” prepared for the Synod of Bishops dealing with the subject of “The New Frontier of the Communications Sector”. The document recognizes the challenges presented by digital technologies, while at the same time considers them a major factor in the “Church’s ministry of evangelization” [...]
Will new media engage Millennials in eccelsial community? The Center for Applied Research in the Apostolate tested some assumptions in a just released study. CARA writes “Many in the Church assume that the way to connect with this emergent generation of Catholics is not through traditional print media, television, or radio but online—through blogs, Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter [...]
Subscribe to Updates
- jbf: Follow the events of this celebration as they unfo...
- georgia hedrick: Now if only I could make the LAWN addicts of the d...
- jbf: 4 faith perspectives on Gatsby ...
- jbf: Dear Georgia, thanks for giving us the facts! PS P...
- georgia hedrick: Water is more important than oil or gold or gas or...
- Plastic shopping bags – sleeping mats for the homeless May 3, 2013
- The Pope and the Vincentian Superior General April 29, 2013
- Vincentian experience of no water in the US May 21, 2013
- Vincentian Service and Mission opportunities May 18, 2013
- Mother and Superior General May 15, 2013
- Photo album of VFCAP Day 1 May 24, 2013
- Most Holy Trinity May 24, 2013
- Elements of Vincentian Family Collaboration May 23, 2013
- Mobile device tour of Vincentian Family Saints May 23, 2013
- Remembering another war and the Daughters of Charity May 23, 2013