The website of the Sisters of Charity Federation posted the following item… The Sisters of Charity Federation was well represented in the 60 Minutes segment that aired on March 17. We caught glimpses of several from the LCWR meeting in St. Louis, but the dancing Susan Gatz, SC-Nazareth, stands out! The ministry of Perry Family [...]
Tag Archives | Network
The “Nuns on the Bus” are hopping off the bus temporarily to jump on the Staten Island Ferry. Sister Simone Campbell and other Sisters plan to tell New York elected officials that we do not want the federal budget balanced on the backs of struggling families. “Come ride with us on September 24! ” [...]
(The Conference of Major Superiors of Men asked Sister Simone Campbell, SSS, NETWORK’s Executive Director, to reflect on NETWORK’s its 40 year history of advocating for the poor and marginalized . “Network: Faithful to the Gospel – Then and Now” NETWORK marks its 40th anniversary this year. It has been forty years of living through turbulent times, [...]
“The Unionists would all go to hell, and the secessionists to heaven.” That was the message Catherine Bockman heard when she attended Mass on May 27, 1862, at St. Vincent’s, near the French market in St. Louis’s Soulard neighborhood. She had come to pray for the welfare of her husband, a Union soldier in the [...]
The following interesting questions were posed by a researcher to the Vincentian History Researchers Network Was there any opposition to the founding of the CM? Did Vincent endure any ‘costly grace’ for seeking to found an order to address formation of the clergy? At any point were the Vincentians on the ‘margins of the Church’ [...]
Sr. Ellen Lacy, DC writes.. On March 23, 2010, President Obama signed into law the Affordable Care Act (ACA). This is a federal statute that provides for comprehensive health insurance reforms that will unfold in the next 4 years. Most deadlines for implementation of benefits are slated for 2014. The law was designed to meet the [...]
Record Numbers of Full-time Volunteers Serve in Faith-based Programs according to Catholic Volunteer Network. CVN is the professional association serving full-time, faith-based volunteer programs, including Jesuit Volunteer Corps, Claretian Volunteers, and 180 other programs. It assists its member programs with recruitment, training, and administration of the AmeriCorps grant, and is probably best known as the publisher of Response, [...]
Subscribe to Updates
- jbf: For those who follow Pinterest ...
- jbf: For those with Facebook access.......
- Marguerite Broderick DC: Enjoyed this video very much; many thanks for prep...
- jbf: Niagara's "Community Garage Sale"...
- jbf: His reflection questions... 1. How are the Daug...
- Plastic shopping bags – sleeping mats for the homeless May 3, 2013
- The Pope and the Vincentian Superior General April 29, 2013
- Mother and Superior General May 15, 2013
- Daughters of Charity at Risk May 12, 2013
- Oldest Vincentian priest dies April 30, 2013
- The Seven Deadly Sins and The Great Gatsby May 17, 2013
- Vincentian Collaboration in Ethiopia May 17, 2013
- Behind the scenes – Daughters of Charity May 17, 2013
- Blisters for Sisters! May 17, 2013
- Pentecost Sunday May 16, 2013