Mother’s Day began as a protest against violence. View this brief video reflection on Mothers Day presented by Worship House Media Mothers Day Central offers the following background.. History of American Celebration When the first English settlers came to America, they discontinued the tradition of Mothering Day. While the British holiday would live on, the American [...]
Tag Archives | Mother’s Day
Virtual Mother’s Day Retreat – Busted Halo offers “A retreat for young adults and their mothers to celebrate the relationship that continues to nurture us.” Mother’s Day — a day dedicated to honoring our mothers. As we become “adults” our relationships with our mothers evolve and our perspectives shift. We might feel distanced from our [...]
View or download VinFormation’s new presentation: How St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Embodied Motherhood.
For the past week the featured video in the right margin of famvin page tells a very powerful story of things we don’t notice about Moms and therefore never think to say thank you for. On the home page scroll down until you see the image of the video. Related FAMVIN Posts:The surprising history of Mother’s [...]
LifeWay Research shows that other than Easter and Christmas, Mother’s Day may be the most likely day people will attend church. In the survey of 1,000 protestant pastors, Mother’s Day (59 percent) ranked third behind the standard religious powerhouse holidays of Easter (93 percent) and Christmas (84 percent). The commentary offers some insights as to [...]
Sr. Regina Bechtle offers this reflections for Mothers Day… Today’s readings picture a God who shows no partiality, a God who remembers kindness and faithfulness toward us, a God whose truest name is Love – abundant, unconditional, unearned. What a perfect description of a mother’s love! Through times of trouble and confusion this love remains [...]
InvisiblePeople.tv: Changing the story of homelessness. ** Mother’s Day is this Sunday. Support Moms who are homeless and everything they go through for their families, by sharing these stories. and forward to a friend for Mother’s Day. Jean and her five children live in a motel. Every day, even in the Missouri rain, she rides a bicycle to her minimum wage [...]
Subscribe to Updates
- jbf: Another view... ...
- jbf: Frequent famvin contributor Susan Stabile offers t...
- jbf: Another opportunity from the Sisters of Charity of...
- jbf: My apologies for missing Colorado Vincentian Volun...
- Éibhlis NicUaithuas: Also Colorado Vincentian Volunteers www.covivo.org...
- Plastic shopping bags – sleeping mats for the homeless May 3, 2013
- Vincentian Service and Mission opportunities May 18, 2013
- The Pope and the Vincentian Superior General April 29, 2013
- Mother and Superior General May 15, 2013
- Daughters of Charity at Risk May 12, 2013
- Love them anyway! May 21, 2013
- Immigration Reform – Take Action! May 21, 2013
- Vincentian experience of no water in the US May 21, 2013
- Something new is happening … in Paris May 21, 2013
- Please pray! May 20, 2013