Who was the first pope to appear on film: Leo XIII, [1878 - 1903] in 1896. make a radio broadcast: Pius XI, [1922 - 1939] c. 1931. have a ‘full-length’ movie made about him: Pius XII, [1939 - 1958], in 1942 the movie called ‘Pastor Angelus‘ (angelic shepard) per the Malachyprophecy for that papacy. speak on TV: [...]
Tag Archives | media
Faced with so much “spin” how can we evaluate the background and point of view of the news, the movies and contemporary music we watch? Lars Dahle offers the following guide to “develop a more critical awareness of the messages they receive, and of the worldview behind them”. NEWS: Questions to consider when watching the news(by Lars Dahle) [...]
Fr. Barron reflects on On the New Evangelization and New Media in a video interview with Brandon Vogt. For most people, Fr. Robert Barron hardly needs an introduction. As a preacher, commentator, and media personality, he’s become one of the main faces of American Catholicism. Related FAMVIN Posts:Fr. Baron on new evangelization and mediaVatican taking another step into [...]
How can we think about “new evangelization” AND “media” Fr. Robert Barron offers his reflections in this YouTube video. He has become one of the main faces of American Catholicism. Outside the academic world, Fr. Barron is best known for his 10-part Catholicism documentary series. Seen by millions on PBS and EWTN, the series used theology, art, architecture, music, and [...]
It is about winning friends, not arguments. It is about shedding light, not heat. It’s about reframing the argument so hearts can be opened and minds can be inspired. How to Defend the Faith without Raising Your Voice is a new sort of apologetics. It is for those moments when you are thrust into the spotlight [...]
“I begin my presentation with the story of Qumran because it offers the Church one paradigm of how to deal with the world, with news, with media and communications. There are some people and even leaders in the Church today who feel very much like the leaders of the Essene community – who view themselves [...]
The Vatican is taking yet another step forward when it comes to technology. After creating their news portal news.va and the tweet by the pope, the Vatican is now launching a new application.It’s called “iGPII.” It allows you to follow World Youth Day from your iPhone or iPad. It will be available starting August 1st in five [...]
With a tip of the hat to Aggie Catholics for getting things rolling – CathholicTechTalk presents a [growing] list of Bishops Who Blog. Or podcast. Or write a column that’s available on the web. Related FAMVIN Posts:Bishops say immigration reform nowBishops to Congress – Protect the poor Sisters join Bishop’s Walk for PeaceSome surprising Papal firstsUS Bishops [...]
First Fridays, the Bishop of Trenton, David M. O’Connell, hosts “The Shepherd’s Voice” – a LIVE informative and interactive program. Bishop O’Connell begins the program with a teaching and brief commentary, and then Jim and Cheryl Manfredonia help facilitate the hour as they open the telephones for listeners to call in and speak with the [...]
April 22, 2011. (Romereports.com) On May 4 Benedict XVI will be the first pope to make a phone call into space. He will be in satellite contact with the international space station to mark the arrival of the shuttle endeavor. The pope is expected to speak with the Italian astronauts, Colonel Roberto Vittori, who is [...]
Subscribe to Updates
- John Freund, CM: YouTube has a collection summaries of his Wednesda...
- Binoy: Thanks for making it easy to follow the daily homi...
- John Freund, CM: I also regularly check for his sayings and enjoy a...
- Ross: Amen to "Keep them coming!" I find it good to w...
- Peggy Baumgartner (Towson): I like reading the Pope's "unofficial" talks. H...
- Pope ‘s unscripted comments June 12, 2013
- Vincentian experience of no water in the US May 21, 2013
- Following the words of Francis June 15, 2013
- Vincentian Family – Nuns on the Bus May 30, 2013
- What are the Daughters of Charity doing? May 27, 2013
- Ecumenical effort for online safety June 19, 2013
- Sisters of Charity (Nazareth) offering $20,000 June 19, 2013
- Degree Attainment Soars at Catholic Campuses June 19, 2013
- Poverty as a Rubik’s Cube puzzle June 18, 2013
- Vincent de Paul – Prioritize cuts to Hunger Programs June 18, 2013