“This year’s Lenten Message by the Holy Father holds a truly Vincentian theme. He tells us that Lent and the year of faith “offer a valuable opportunity to meditate on the relationship between faith and charity.” (LM, 2013, 1) In both Porta Fidei and the Lenten Message, one sees several references to a scriptural quote […]
Tag Archives | Lent
Using Internet menus this video creatively Xt3.com invites all to “Recharge your Heart & Soul this Lent ! Cleverly worded pull down menu present the message of Lent as a time for renewal. Also visit their interactive calendar which you can download as an app http://www.xt3.com/lent Related FAMVIN Posts:Cincinnati Sisters – Lenten Justice CalendarBusted Halo […]
VinFormation offers a selection of quotes from our founders on prayer, fasting and almsgiving Click on graphic. (Also click here to download or view it in a different format.) Almsgiving via Vincentian branches in the USA Here are some quick links to donate online to the various branches of the Vincentian Family: Ladies of Charity USACongregation of the Mission, Patrimony […]
The following Lenten Care for Creation calendar was designed by the Office of Peace, Justice and Integrity of Creation of the Sisters of Charity of Cincinnati as one way you can prepare for Easter. [Download calendar here] Tip: Remove one light bulb from a light in your home (without creating an unsafe situation). Do not replace the bulb…for now! […]
The ashes we’ll wear tomorrow will be an outward sign of penance and contrition. As an outward sign during Lent online, I created a graphic to replace my Facebook and Google+ profile pictures with. I’d love to see other people use this as well—let’s create awareness online and remind ourselves and our Christian brothers and sisters […]
Dr. Michael Thio, President of the International Confederation of the Society of Saint Vincent de Paul offered Vincentian reflections during press conference on Pope Benedict XVI’s Lenten Message for 2013. We are honoured to have the opportunity to share with you the charism and ethos of the Society of St. Vincent de Paul in bearing […]
Busted Halo’s® Fast Pray Give Calendar is completely unflunkable, entirely relevant and totally inspiring. The idea isn’t to be perfect but to continue on our path, so if you slip up one day, don’t give up; simply begin again the next day. Traditionally, Lent was a time for personal conversion leading up to Easter, during which […]
Looking to tell the story of the Last supper and other Holy week events? Try FreeBible Images for free quality images and even story telling guide using these images. They even provide story planners such as the following. These could obvious be used in powerpoints or ven for personal meditation Related FAMVIN Posts:Bishops offer […]
WWVD – What would Vincent do for Lent today?Vincentians today can look at two sources for an answer. The most obvious is of course what the successor sof Vincent write of in their Lenten Letters. Vinformation also offers some ideas on connecting with our Vincentian Family heritage during Lent. As the Superior General’s Lenten 2012 greeting reminds […]
If “metanonia” literally means “change your way of thinking”, here are some resources to help us think about changes we need to make. Pope Benedict XVI’s Lenten Message The Three practices of Lent - Fr. Robert Barron Online Lenten retreats gather seekers for contemplation -Heidi Schlumpf Busted Halo Lenten Calendar From previous famvin posts… Bread on the […]
Subscribe to Updates
- John Freund, CM: Pope encourages use of images in prayer ...
- marguerite broderick: So happy to see Sr Ellen's artwork here as we beg...
- Beth: It seems to me that Jesus indeed told us to see Ch...
- Sara Howley: Jesus is in glory, seated at the right hand of the...
- John Freund, CM: The gift of a Sister of Charity's life http://ca...
- Update – List of Vincentian Family saints, blesseds February 25, 2014
- People react to homeless Jesus… your reaction? March 1, 2014
- Art and Vincentian prayer in Lent March 4, 2014
- Saturday Study Hall – Trivializing the Vincentian Charism February 14, 2014
- Christians the most persecuted group in the world February 15, 2014
- Formation Friday – Vincentian Lent March 6, 2014
- Women’s History – Catherine Spalding, Educational Pioneer March 6, 2014
- Vincentian Heritage Journal goes digital March 6, 2014
- Lent – Encounter Christ in those living in Poverty March 5, 2014
- Reasons to ENGAGE with technology in Lent March 5, 2014