The Vincentian Family is very creative in finding ways to confront the issues of homeless. We have had CEO Sleepouts in Australia where even top level CEO’s commit to sleep out in order to experience and raise consciousenss, not only others but also their own. Now Depaul USa is providing “the rest of us” with [...]
Tag Archives | Homelessness
If you were homeless could you… 1. Locate a thrift store in the area and have someone else pick out clothes and shoes for you, do your best to fit in them. Don’t give your opinion. Wear them for a week. 2. Here is your budget (social security disability, public aid, food stamps). Live off [...]
Two millions views on YouTube for a video on Homelessnes! Not bad for a group of DePaul University student filmmakers. A simple yet powerful first person account. Produced by DePaul student filmmakers, a YouTube video of a homeless man in Chicago discussing the complexities of his situation has received nearly 2 million views on YouTube. The video inspired Kim [...]
Someone has need of it! Depaul UK launches its Spare Room Campaign in response to the dramatic rise in youth homelessness. The campaign sees Depaul UK team up with local charities across the country to call on the 7.5 million households nationwide who have a spare room to consider making it available to a young [...]
Depaul UK in the North East is delighted to have been awarded £38,000 for a new service which will enable it to help young homeless people move out of homelessness accommodation and into private tenancies. The funding is has been awarded to three projects in the North East. It comes from the Private Rented Sector [...]
The program is based in Great Britain but famvin can vouch for the fact that it is receiving good attention in the blogosphere. Dear …. In the run-up to Poverty & Homelessness Action Week 2013, we’ll be sending out an e-newsletter once a month, with updates and reports about this year’s theme Can you cast the [...]
After 4 years sleeping on the streets of London Viv is now a ‘sofa sleeper’. She says she is on the waiting list for council housing, but that may take a few years. Viv is a homeless tour guide for Unseen Tours, a very unique walking tour in several areas of London that gives people [...]
The Fifth Annual Friends of the Poor® Walk/Run will be held on Saturday, September 29, 2012. The Society is offering a series of video tips for organizers. The Friends of the Poor® Walk/Run is a unique national fundraising effort organized nationally and locally by Councils and Conferences of the Society. It allows community members from [...]
According to the Canberra Times the female CEOs who are participating in Thursday’s Vinnies CEO Sleepout are focusing on the hidden face of female homelessness. The latest figures show more than 60 per cent of people assisted by a homelessness service were women. And the majority of people turned away from specialist homelessness services are women [...]
Sometimes things go in favour of Vinnies and their work, but sometimes not ! writes the Australian CM site. “The two stories below, recently published in the media on May 28, illustrate this: “Who said there was no competition between the big four banks? The chief executive of the Commonwealth Bank, Ian Narev, will now [...]
Subscribe to Updates
- John Freund, CM: YouTube has a collection summaries of his Wednesda...
- Binoy: Thanks for making it easy to follow the daily homi...
- John Freund, CM: I also regularly check for his sayings and enjoy a...
- Ross: Amen to "Keep them coming!" I find it good to w...
- Peggy Baumgartner (Towson): I like reading the Pope's "unofficial" talks. H...
- Pope ‘s unscripted comments June 12, 2013
- Vincentian experience of no water in the US May 21, 2013
- Following the words of Francis June 15, 2013
- Vincentian Family – Nuns on the Bus May 30, 2013
- Vincent on the Trinity and Corpus Christi May 25, 2013
- No permission needed June 18, 2013
- Interview with Fr. Gregory Gay, CM (1) June 17, 2013
- Vincentian Solidarity Office Newsletter June 17, 2013
- 9 Miraculous Medal Sermons June 17, 2013
- And you, Vincentians, who do you say that I am? June 17, 2013