New proposals in Great Britan seek to measure ‘faults’ of poor, rather than poverty The Methodist Church, Baptist Union of Great Britain and United Reformed Church are accusing the Government of continuing a trend of blaming the poor as new proposals to redefine poverty are announced. “These proposals risk further stigmatising the poor in the […]
Tag Archives | Great Britain
The Vincentians In Partnership Newsletter reports that on July 16 friends of the Vincentian Family celebrated Justice Day by reflecting on the following themes: To present the theological argument as to why Vincentians should be political To explore the idea of systemic change & its implications for our service To increase the group’s knowledge of […]
Subscribe to Updates
- Ross: Conservative Michael Gerson counts himself among t...
- Sr. Regina Bechtle, SC: Thanks for posting my reflection. Readers can also...
- Ross: May Nelson Mandela rest in peace and his memory be...
- Nun Communicator (@anunspocket): And here is a NEW blog from the Sisters of Humilty...
- marguerite broderick dc: so good to see your video here on famvin, Sr Pat!...
- Vincentian Family Statistics November 16, 2013
- Gaudium Evangelii – Vincentian Challenge December 1, 2013
- Wanted! A Few Persons to Change the World November 24, 2013
- The legacy of Mandela – You can December 5, 2013
- + Father Jack McKenna, CM December 3, 2013
- Formation Friday – Christmas Resources December 12, 2013
- Daughters of Charity Hospital Care Pioneers December 12, 2013
- Search for VMY National Director December 12, 2013
- In a new voice…”Who are the poor?” December 11, 2013
- Waiting in Peace, Blessings… December 11, 2013