Dumping costs St Vincent De Paul Society’s store in Australia $30,000 a year to dispose of the rubbish. It often includes household waste, builders’ rubbish, damaged couches, soiled mattresses and busted appliances. “The weekends are probably the worst,” St Vinnies retail operations manager Michael Rawlinson said. “Sometimes you can’t even get through the front door.” [...]
Tag Archives | Dumping
Illegal dumping of clothes at Thrift stores in Australia..The Government in Victoria Australia has announced a $2 million plan to help charities such as the SVDP fight back against the burden of illegal dumping at their retail outlets. The Minister for Environment and Climate Change Ryan Smith announced the funding and said that it would [...]
Subscribe to Updates
- John Freund, CM: YouTube has a collection summaries of his Wednesda...
- Binoy: Thanks for making it easy to follow the daily homi...
- John Freund, CM: I also regularly check for his sayings and enjoy a...
- Ross: Amen to "Keep them coming!" I find it good to w...
- Peggy Baumgartner (Towson): I like reading the Pope's "unofficial" talks. H...
- Pope ‘s unscripted comments June 12, 2013
- Vincentian experience of no water in the US May 21, 2013
- Following the words of Francis June 15, 2013
- Vincentian Family – Nuns on the Bus May 30, 2013
- What are the Daughters of Charity doing? May 27, 2013
- Ecumenical effort for online safety June 19, 2013
- Sisters of Charity (Nazareth) offering $20,000 June 19, 2013
- Degree Attainment Soars at Catholic Campuses June 19, 2013
- Poverty as a Rubik’s Cube puzzle June 18, 2013
- Vincent de Paul – Prioritize cuts to Hunger Programs June 18, 2013