The final day of Building Bridges Out of Poverty began with a presentation of the Mission Statement approved by the 18 leaders of various branches of the Vincentian Family who attended a meeting prior to the gathering to the 150 members of the Vincentian Family. “Inspired by our common Vincentian heritage, the leadership of the [...]
Tag Archives | Building Bridges
Participants were treated to the renowned Carey Landry capping off the second day of the gathering as he led the music for the the liturgy of Sunday. Fr. Thomas McKenna, CM presided and reflected on how the Vincentian Family was being called to “sound forth” God’s word in the world today. A fitting conclusion to [...]
Barbara Ehrenreich, author of the classic, “Nickel and Dimed”, thinks so. Ten years ago she started what turned into a national dialog about impact of the 1996 welfare reform on the “working poor” in the United States. Now, she writes ”The big question, 10 years later is whether things have improved or worsened for those in the bottom third of the income [...]
We have heard the mantra about John Paul II’s challenge t0 Vincentians – ”Understand underlying causes and work toward long-term solutions”. How do we move beyond the mantra? With the theme ”Building Bridges Out Of Poverty” the Vincentian Family will gather in Indianapolis to focus on exactly that – moving beyond mantras to the effective [...]
Join other members of the Vincentian Family to explore the theme “Vincentian Family Together Building Bridges Out of Poverty.” The Vincentian Family Collaborators Committee invites all members of the Vincentian Family in United States and Canada to gather October 20-23, 2011, in Indianapolis, IN. Vincent de Paul encourages us: “Proceed quietly, pray a great deal and act together.” So register for [...]
Subscribe to Updates
- John Freund, CM: YouTube has a collection summaries of his Wednesda...
- Binoy: Thanks for making it easy to follow the daily homi...
- John Freund, CM: I also regularly check for his sayings and enjoy a...
- Ross: Amen to "Keep them coming!" I find it good to w...
- Peggy Baumgartner (Towson): I like reading the Pope's "unofficial" talks. H...
- Pope ‘s unscripted comments June 12, 2013
- Vincentian experience of no water in the US May 21, 2013
- Following the words of Francis June 15, 2013
- Vincentian Family – Nuns on the Bus May 30, 2013
- A Dream – A Project – A Reality May 27, 2013
- Vincent de Paul – Prioritize cuts to Hunger Programs June 18, 2013
- No permission needed June 18, 2013
- Interview with Fr. Gregory Gay, CM (1) June 17, 2013
- Vincentian Solidarity Office Newsletter June 17, 2013
- 9 Miraculous Medal Sermons June 17, 2013