At its meeting held on 28 March, the SVDP Commission for International Aid and DeveIopment (CIA has taken a series of decisions. A total amount of € 68,300 has been pledged for 7 projects in 7 countries during this meeting and a further €24.320 has been sent to two countries since the previous meeting. Since the beginning of [...]
Tag Archives | Aid
More than 100 of InterAction’s member organizations have contributed to emergency and reconstruction efforts, working on shelter, water, education, health, infrastructure and many other projects which are highlighted on InterAction’s innovative mapping platform. Click on the link or the graphic to see these projects. Unfortunately it does not seem to list Zafen-related projects but it [...]
“Parents are being forced to choose which of their children receive water and meager rations of food.” A Choice No Parent Should Have to Make (courtesy of Heifer International.) Parents fleeing the devastating famine on foot — sometimes with as many as seven children in tow — are having to make unimaginably cruel choices: Which children have [...]
The following is an overview of decisions taken by the international SVDP at a meeting held on 4 May 2011.. A total amount of € 122,334 has been pledged for 10 projects in 7 countries during this meeting, which brings the amount of aid given by CIAD so far in 2011 to €314,403 for18 countries. The following [...]
Subscribe to Updates
- John Freund, CM: YouTube has a collection summaries of his Wednesda...
- Binoy: Thanks for making it easy to follow the daily homi...
- John Freund, CM: I also regularly check for his sayings and enjoy a...
- Ross: Amen to "Keep them coming!" I find it good to w...
- Peggy Baumgartner (Towson): I like reading the Pope's "unofficial" talks. H...
- Pope ‘s unscripted comments June 12, 2013
- Vincentian experience of no water in the US May 21, 2013
- Following the words of Francis June 15, 2013
- Vincentian Family – Nuns on the Bus May 30, 2013
- What are the Daughters of Charity doing? May 27, 2013
- Ecumenical effort for online safety June 19, 2013
- Sisters of Charity (Nazareth) offering $20,000 June 19, 2013
- Degree Attainment Soars at Catholic Campuses June 19, 2013
- Poverty as a Rubik’s Cube puzzle June 18, 2013
- Vincent de Paul – Prioritize cuts to Hunger Programs June 18, 2013