Adamson University in the Philippines is currently administered by the priests and brothers of the Congregation of the Mission. But why is it called Adamson University? Generations of Filipino engineers, chemists and a host of other professionals in the field of sciences have a man by the name of George Lucas Adamson to thank for [...]
Tag Archives | Adamson
Update to “Pictures at an exhibition” post “In the footsteps of St. Vincent de Paul” is an exhibit featuring photographs by Fr. Gregg Bañaga, Jr., CM. The pictures are now available with appropriate titles and captions. For the fourth consecutive year, Fr. Bañaga, CM—who is also a photographer since his youth—mounted a photo exhibit entitled, In the [...]
“As president of the largest association of Catholic schools in the country (Philippines), Fr. Gregorio Bañaga, C.M., who is also President of Adamson University, often finds himself in the line of fire — even when he is not personally involved in it. It’s because whenever controversial issues involving Catholic schools come up, people, the media [...]
For the fourth consecutive year, Fr. Bañaga, CM—who is also a photographer since his youth—mounted a photo exhibit entitled, In the Footsteps of St. Vincent de Paul. The show features his photographs from different places in France where St. Vincent spent his life and works. It is currently on view at the Adamson University Gallery [...]
Some initial photos of the relief efforts…
For an update on the conditions of the Vincentian Family in the midst of the horrendous floods in the Philippines and how you can help read the following release… “Adamson University through its Integrated Community Extension Services (ICES), with the help of volunteer alumni, students and personnel from Adamson University, Sta. Isabel College, Technological University [...]
Adamson, the Vincentian University in the Philippines is inviting everyone willing to be a Vincentian Volunteer please be on our “ADU charity Hub” Adamson University. Donations are also welcome either money or goods please help our mission and extend the blessings we had to those who needs help now, thank you in St. Vincent DePaul [...]
Dennis Holtschneider, writes, “I’ve been asked on various occasions what St. Vincent would think if he were to come back today and see universities run by his priests and brothers. My answer is that I think he would be quite surprised. “It’s not that Vincent was anti-intellectual or thought ill of universities. He personally sought [...]
Adamson University is set to confer the degree of Doctor of Humanities, Honoris Causa on Rev. Dennis H. Holtschneider, C.M., Ed.D., 11th president of DePaul University in Chicago, Illinois, USA on July 16, 2012 at the Adamson University Theater. Rev. Holtschneider, a Vincentian priest who heads the biggest Catholic university in America, is being given the honor in recognition of [...]
“Do we dare live the gospel in a more radical manner? asks the lead story in the October Bulletin (JMV Oct2011 ENG) of the VIncentian Marian Youth. “As a result of this encounter with Christ, we live out our faith and we reveal to the world that there is a great value in being a Christian, that there is [...]
Subscribe to Updates
- jbf: Follow the events of this celebration as they unfo...
- georgia hedrick: Now if only I could make the LAWN addicts of the d...
- jbf: 4 faith perspectives on Gatsby ...
- jbf: Dear Georgia, thanks for giving us the facts! PS P...
- georgia hedrick: Water is more important than oil or gold or gas or...
- Plastic shopping bags – sleeping mats for the homeless May 3, 2013
- Vincentian experience of no water in the US May 21, 2013
- Vincentian Service and Mission opportunities May 18, 2013
- The Pope and the Vincentian Superior General April 29, 2013
- The Seven Deadly Sins and The Great Gatsby May 17, 2013
- Memorial Day Virtual Retreat May 25, 2013
- LCUSA Annual Meeting Agenda May 25, 2013
- Vincent on the Trinity and Corpus Christi May 25, 2013
- Encyclical on Poverty May 25, 2013
- Remember Memorial Day not because… May 24, 2013