If you want to see how a 200th birthday celebration can be done read the just released issue of The Journey of the Sisters of Charity of Nazareth. (pdf) Related FAMVIN Posts:Justice Concerns – Sisters of Charity NazarethSisters of Charity NovicesNazareth Charities vs. traffickingSCN Weekly Justice highlightsSCNs intern at United Nations
Tag Archives | 200 years
As SCNs stand on the cusp of their third century of ministry, they celebrate a journey of faith over hundreds of years, looking toward the future with confidence in God’s call. Throughout the world, SCN family members are involved in diverse ministries, meeting needs in health care, education, social services and pastoral ministries. Just [...]
SCN Bicentennial Event at St. Thomas Over 130 Sisters and Associates gathered at St. Thomas on Saturday, June 9, 2012 to celebrate the founding of the Congregation. The photo (click to enlarge) reprises picture taken 100 years ago. Sisters and Associates traveled by bus from Nazareth to St. Thomas, where they were greeted by friends [...]
National Catholic Educational Association Recognizes SCNs Each year the Secondary Department at NCEA (National Catholic Educational Association) recognizes religious Congregations with ties to Catholic education for particular milestones or anniversaries. SCNs Mary Angela Shaughnessy, Camille Panich, and Mary Elizabeth Miller attended a Dinner on Wednesday evening, April 11, during which the SCN Congregation was honored [...]
Subscribe to Updates
- jbf: Follow the events of this celebration as they unfo...
- georgia hedrick: Now if only I could make the LAWN addicts of the d...
- jbf: 4 faith perspectives on Gatsby ...
- jbf: Dear Georgia, thanks for giving us the facts! PS P...
- georgia hedrick: Water is more important than oil or gold or gas or...
- Plastic shopping bags – sleeping mats for the homeless May 3, 2013
- Vincentian experience of no water in the US May 21, 2013
- The Pope and the Vincentian Superior General April 29, 2013
- Vincentian Service and Mission opportunities May 18, 2013
- Mother and Superior General May 15, 2013
- Remember Memorial Day not because… May 24, 2013
- SVDP youth receive advocacy award May 24, 2013
- Photo album of VFCAP Day 1 May 24, 2013
- Most Holy Trinity May 24, 2013
- Elements of Vincentian Family Collaboration May 23, 2013