Proceedings of the International “Vincentian Month” for Advisors of the Vincentian Family now available.Vincentiana CONGREGAZIONE DELLA MISSIONE CURIA GENERALIZIA Via dei Capasso, 30 00164 Roma – Italia Fax (39) 06 666.38 31 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org – email@example.com Tel. (39) 06 666.37 30 /32 /36 Rome, September 3, 2002 To the International Responsible of the Vincentian Family [...]
At the request of the USA National Visitors Conference of the Congregation of the Mission, the Association of the Miraculous Medal in Perryville has printed cards of the official Prayer of the Vincentian Family. See the Vincentian Family web site http://www.famvin.org/oratio/#en for the text and picture on the card. We are offering the card for [...]
The famvin links to the Daughters of Charity Emmitsburg have been corrected to reflect their new site at http://www.daughtersofcharity-emmitsburg.org Related FAMVIN Posts:No Related FAMVIN Posts
The following was written by Blessed Fredric in 1836 but could well be considered as addressed to us today. It is rich food for thought as we prepare to celebrate his feast September 9.(The text is from the second reading in the Office of Readings. It is an excerpt from his letter to Louis Jammon, [...]
Odin’s greatest contribution to the development of the church in the United States, however, was the effort that he made toward the revival of Catholicism in Texas during the period 1840-1861. (1800-1870). Jean Marie (John Mary) Odin, first Catholic bishop of Galveston and second archbishop of New Orleans, Louisiana.ODIN, JEAN MARIE (1800-1870). Jean Marie (John [...]
VATICAN CITY, AUG. 31, 2002 (Zenit.org).- John Paul II believes that nations and leaders must face eight key challenges if a more-just world is to be achieved. And the eight have a common denominator: to put every man and woman at the center of development.Reflecting on the world scene, with all its hopes and horrors, [...]
The following is taken from the prayer service led by Sr. Kieran Kneaves, DC, today at the National Meeting of the SSVDP in Philadelphia, Pa. It is presented here with her permission.Leader Jesus said, “When the Christ comes in glory, with all the angels around and sits on a glorious throne, all nations will be [...]
The first Vincentians arrived in Australia from Ireland in 1885, and they began their work with a mission at St Mary’s Cathedral in Sydney NSW. The Australian Province of the Vincentians was established in 1926. Vincentians in this Province now carry out their ministry in a variety of places in Australia and Fiji. In [...]
TIm Williams has put together a brief history and some photos of this period in the life of Vincent.” in 1638, on the orders of Louis, some Priests of the Congregation of the Mission were part of a group organised by the Tuesday Conferences to give a Mission to the Court at St-Germain-en-Laye, just east [...]
“As we approach Labor Day 2002, we face many challenges as a nation and as a Church….. In tough times like these, we look to people of courage and candor, fidelity and wisdom. Last May, we lost just such a person in Monsignor George G. Higgins. … For decades he was the author of our [...]
Subscribe to Updates
- jbf: Another opportunity from the Sisters of Charity of...
- jbf: My apologies for missing Colorado Vincentian Volun...
- Éibhlis NicUaithuas: Also Colorado Vincentian Volunteers www.covivo.org...
- jbf: Ross Dizon's personal reflections http://vincent...
- jbf: For those who follow Pinterest ...
- Fr. Gregory Gay re-elected Superior General July 8, 2010
- Daughters nominated in Mother's Day competition February 27, 2008
- Systemic change – turning a city around – partnership and ending the dependency culture February 21, 2009
- Thinking more deeply about Haiti – "underlying causes and long term solutions" January 19, 2010
- New Seton Logo Unveiled March 27, 2007
- Celebrating the Bicentenary of the Birth of Frederic Ozanam May 19, 2013
- What would Vincent do? May 19, 2013
- Summer singles ministry outreach May 19, 2013
- Vincent dePaul – Pioneer of “lay ministry” May 19, 2013
- Vincentian Service and Mission opportunities May 18, 2013
Pentecost in 2 Minutes – Busted Halo
How to take down poverty – One block at a time
Video interview with Pope Francis
- Pentecost Sunday
In need of salvation The Holy Spirit of God is not owned by the Church. It does not belong exclusively to religions. We have to call on him to come upon the whole world that so badly needs salvation. Come, creator Spirit of God. There is no peace in your world. Your sons and daughters [...]The post Pentecost Sunday appeared first on FAMVIN News.
[Read Full Reflection...]