The team of the International Website had their annual meeting from May 7 through 10 at the Motherhouse in Paris. The members of the team come from 6 different countries representing the 6 languages of the site. The members are: Sr. Katarzyna Pospieszynska, Province of Chelmno, Poland Sr. Alicia Munoz, Province of Madrid St. Louise, [...]
In the category of imaginative slogans… “Blisters for Sisters”! A large group of Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth and Associates participated in the annual Blisters for Sisters in the Kansas City area on Saturday, May 4. They are pictured here at Church of the Nativity, Leawood, Kansas. The annual Blisters for Sisters Walk recognizes women in [...]
In need of salvation The Holy Spirit of God is not owned by the Church. It does not belong exclusively to religions. We have to call on him to come upon the whole world that so badly needs salvation. Come, creator Spirit of God. There is no peace in your world. Your sons and daughters [...]
Watch Pope Francis as he speaks of “Back Seat Christians” “There are backseat Christians, right? Those who are well mannered and do everything well, but they don’t know how to bring others to the Church through proclamation and Apostolic zeal. Today we can ask the Holy Spirit to give us all this Apostolic fervor and [...]
Each of our Vincentian Family universities and colleges encourages some form of student service day. DePaul University has posted a video of its 2013 version. This year, some 1,700 faculty, staff and students contributed to more than 70 service projects all around Chicago. Many members of the Vincentian Family will recognize this “Chicago community organizer”. Student [...]
Sr. Fran Ryan, DC, writes on the LCUSA website… In honor of Mary, Our Mother and Queen of Heaven, Sr. Carol Schumer, DC composed two services honoring Blessed Mother. The First Service honors Mary as our Model in our Service as Ladies of Charity and has a silent pause to examine our abiding relationship with her. The [...]
In a recent fascinating “Holy Hangout - Family Edition” parents and siblings of Daughters of Charity open up about their reactions to the impact of vocational calls. Join them in a living room or kitchen table chat… that’s what it feels like. How does a vocation shift a sense of primary belonging? Share your own [...]
The international website CGI news writes “For the occasion of the Bicentenary’s festivities, a solemn mass was celebrated at Notre-Dame on April, sunday 21 th, by Andre Vingt-trois….Here is an excerpt of his Homily. Brothers and Sisters, (…) During the 19th century, marked by the spiritual misery of believers, and the indifference or hostility of educated people [...]
Enjoy the following pictures of Fr. Greg Gay, CM and Sr. Evelyne Franc, DC at the birthplace of Vincent. Photos courtesy of Father Juventino’s Facebook page. (Juventino Castillero) Related FAMVIN Posts:Something new is happening … in ParisPhoto Gallery – Pope and Superior GeneralSuperior General at DePaul UniversitySuperior General visits Haiti InitiativeAdvent letter of the Superior [...]
The international Daughters of Charity invite all to join with Vincent and Louise to prepare for the “Feast of the descent of the Holy Spirit” on Pentecost through a video and a powerpoint. (One can find the presentations of the previous months in the ARCHIVES.) PS Some problems with their video library have been resolved. All videos [...]
Subscribe to Updates
- jbf: Another opportunity from the Sisters of Charity of...
- jbf: My apologies for missing Colorado Vincentian Volun...
- Éibhlis NicUaithuas: Also Colorado Vincentian Volunteers www.covivo.org...
- jbf: Ross Dizon's personal reflections http://vincent...
- jbf: For those who follow Pinterest ...
- Fr. Gregory Gay re-elected Superior General July 8, 2010
- Daughters nominated in Mother's Day competition February 27, 2008
- Systemic change – turning a city around – partnership and ending the dependency culture February 21, 2009
- Thinking more deeply about Haiti – "underlying causes and long term solutions" January 19, 2010
- New Seton Logo Unveiled March 27, 2007
- Something new is happening … in Paris May 21, 2013
- Please pray! May 20, 2013
- What we have seen and heard we proclaim now to you, so that you too may have fellowship with us (1 Jn 1, 3) May 20, 2013
- Kickoff of Vincentian Family Collaborative Action Program May 20, 2013
- Celebrating the Bicentenary of the Birth of Frederic Ozanam May 19, 2013
Pentecost in 2 Minutes – Busted Halo
How to take down poverty – One block at a time
Video interview with Pope Francis
- What we have seen and heard we proclaim now to you, so that you too may have fellowship with us (1 Jn 1, 3)
Most Holy Trinity (C), May 26, 2013 – Prov 8, 22-31; Rom 5, 1-5; Jn 16, 12-15 Those chosen by Jesus to be his witnesses in the beginnings of the Church shared with others their experience with him. Jesus has been using their contribution, handed down through the generations as Apostolic Tradition and Sacred Scripture, [...]The post What we have seen and heard we proclaim now to you, so that you too may have fellowship with us (1 Jn 1, 3) appeared first on FAMVIN News.
[Read Full Reflection...]