- Who are you guys, anyway?
- What do you have to offer?
- What is an FAQ?
- What browsers work best for this site?
- Do I need to be a member to view this site?
- Can I post to this site?
- How can I find specific information?
FAMVIN (the Vincentian Family) represents many different organizations who seek to live out our Christian faith by following in the footsteps of St. Vincent de Paul. This site functions as a sort of daily newspaper for members of the Vincentian Family as well as any other interested parties.
FAMVIN is not only an English language News site. We have news in English, Spanish, French, Italian and Polish. In addition, we support a Vincentian Encyclopedia in English, Spanish, French, Italian and Polish, as well as Formation resources (Vinformation) in multiple languages. The newest addition is a Networking site (rather like FAMVIN FaceBook, as it were), called VirtualVins.
FAQ is the acronym for “Frequently Asked Questions.”
We have tested the site with IE7+, FireFox3+, and Safari3 and 4. Older browsers, such as IE6 may render well, but we make no promises.
No. The site is open for all to read.
You can comment on articles by clicking on the Comments link for the article. In fact, we wish people would contribute to the site in this manner — except for Spammers — we hate to see Spam. Your comment may not appear immediately as we have a bit of moderation going on here to try to stop Spammers from posting to the comments.
If you would like to post news to the site, we are looking for people to take on such a role and contribute. Interested? Contact us so that we can work this out.
- Searching: We utilize a custom Google search which searches the FAMVIN English language sites. So, your search results will include not only items from famvin.org/en (the news site) but also information from Vinformation and the Vincentian Encyclopedia. The search works just like a Google search. Therefore, if you wish to only search this site (News) for “Maloney” the you can use the search box and enter the following:url:famvin.org/en/ MaloneyThe results will only be from the News site.If you simply search “Maloney” you will get many more hits because results from the related sites are included.
- Tags: This site also utilizes tags for classifying articles. To view all articles related to a tag, try this:
In the right sidebar you see a blue bar that says “Popular Latest Comments Tags.” Click on “Tags” and the contents of the box below this heading shows you a tag cloud (lots of words in various sizes and weights); click on any one of these terms and you will get all of the News articles tagged with that word. Go ahead! Try it now.
- Monthly Archives: Also in the right sidebar, you will find a box labelled “Older Posts” that allows one to display the Archives by Month of publication. This allows one to browse the monthly archives.