Both Vincentian Service Corps – West and Vincentian Mission Corps offer opportunities for a young people to a year of their lives and to be changed in the process.
Archive | Youth RSS feed for this section
Each of our Vincentian Family universities and colleges encourages some form of student service day. DePaul University has posted a video of its 2013 version. This year, some 1,700 faculty, staff and students contributed to more than 70 service projects all around Chicago. Many members of the Vincentian Family will recognize this “Chicago community organizer”. Student [...]
Enjoy this guest post from Brandon Vogt on the impact of a young man who joined the St Vincent dePaul Society at 17 (cf. Vincentian Encylopedia)… A couple years ago, on my 24th birthday, I decided to spend one year studying two unfamiliar saints: St. Therese of Lisieux and Blessed Pier Giorgio Frassati. I chose them [...]
New Salem, Pa, Denver, Colorado, San Lucas Tliman, Guatamala – Dedicating their time and talents to make the world a better place, 32 students from the Queens and Staten Island campuses spent this past Spring Break serving others in the United States and abroad. Campus Ministry staff accompanied students on each service plunge. They all [...]
FAMVIN 2013 is the official source for information and multimedia about the Vincentian Family Gathering in the context of World Youth Day in Rio this summer. The following “Catechesis” are now available for download. 1 “Come and see: how good it is being together as Vincentian Family!” 2 Preparatory Catechesis for the EJV. “Vincentian Spirituality!” 3 SYSTEMIC CHANGE [...]
The official website for World Youth Day Rio 2013 now has another channel called “Get Ready”, which is aimed at the training to youth. This portal will provide tools for meditation, information about the WYD Journey, as well as spiritual content, testimonials, weekly meditations on biblical texts and liturgy of the Mass. The WYD team [...]
The church young Catholics want As a young Catholic who works with many young Catholics, Annie Selak, offers these thoughts in a Washington Post piece. A church that takes our experience seriously A church that emphasizes the inclusive ministry of Jesus A church that embraces that God is everywhere A church that engages struggles and [...]
The Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth and the University of Saint Mary, Leavenworth, Kansas are preparing for the 14th Annual Leadership Camp for girls entering 6th, 7th and 8th grades Particpants will learn about: Their faith. How Catholic Christian values and leadership go together. How to set goals and make decisions. Plus there will be time to meet [...]
The Vatican’s culture ministry warned on Thursday (Jan. 31) that the Catholic Church risks losing future generations if it doesn’t learn how to understand young people, their language and their culture.The Pontifical Council for Culture invited sociologists, web experts and theologians to a three-day, closed-door event on Feb. 6-9 aimed at studying “emerging youth cultures.” [...]
How can you help kids get a good start? In this heartfelt and personal talk, Colin Powell, the former U.S. Secretary of State, asks parents, friends and relatives to support children from before they even get to primary school, through community and a strong sense of responsibility. (Filmed at TEDxMidAtlantic.) It will be 15 minutes well [...]
Subscribe to Updates
- jbf: Another view... ...
- jbf: Frequent famvin contributor Susan Stabile offers t...
- jbf: Another opportunity from the Sisters of Charity of...
- jbf: My apologies for missing Colorado Vincentian Volun...
- Éibhlis NicUaithuas: Also Colorado Vincentian Volunteers www.covivo.org...
- Plastic shopping bags – sleeping mats for the homeless May 3, 2013
- The Pope and the Vincentian Superior General April 29, 2013
- Vincentian Service and Mission opportunities May 18, 2013
- Mother and Superior General May 15, 2013
- Daughters of Charity Pentecost video May 14, 2013
- Vincentian experience of no water in the US May 21, 2013
- Something new is happening … in Paris May 21, 2013
- Please pray! May 20, 2013
- What we have seen and heard we proclaim now to you, so that you too may have fellowship with us (1 Jn 1, 3) May 20, 2013
- Kickoff of Vincentian Family Collaborative Action Program May 20, 2013