This month in our Year of Faith series, a new presentation on the life of St. John Gabriel Perboyre, CM, missioner to China and holy martyr. Read about his childhood in southern France, his vocation story, his journey to China, the persecutions and cruel tortures he faced, and his unwavering faith.
Archive | Vincentian Formation RSS feed for this section
View or download VinFormation’s new presentation: How St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Embodied Motherhood.
VinFormation offers two new presentations on Blessed Frederic. In the first, Frederic Ozanam: Social Justice Vision + Personal Action, we see how Ozanam defended the Truths of the Faith and assisted the poor in post-Revolutionary France, setting the stage for the Catholic Social Thought of today.
Echoing Frederic’s experience with Sr. Rosalie almost 200 years ago, in Life Transforming Village Exposure the second year novices of the Sisters of Charity in India describe in their own words their experiences ad learning from their two month “live-in” experience with primitive tribes. We the second year SCN novices had the privilege of having two months [...]
“The most evangelical and most essential pilgrimage for Christians is the one we undertake when we go out to encounter and serve those who are poor. It is in the poor that we encounter the compassionate and merciful God and therefore the poor become the goal of this genuine pilgrimage. In them we encounter Christ.” [...]
VinFormation offers three new features about the feasts of November – Miraculous Medal, St Catherine Laboure and the Founding of the Daughters of Charity. Each link below also contains links to related VinFormation resources. November 27 – Design and Meaning of the Miraculous Medal November 28 – St Catherine Laboure - Message of St. Catherine [...]
VinFormation presents a photo essay based on excerpts from Pope John Paul II writing that provides inspiration for Vincentians, both religious and lay, in their ministry to the poor.
May 5-21, 2010 Sister Kieran Kneaves, Daughter of Charity USA West Central Province, spent time with the Daughters of the British Province giving a series of workshops and a retreat based on the life and inspiration of Sister Suzanne Guillemin, Superioress General 1962-1968. She pioneered in the Sister Formation movement and led the Daughters of [...]
You see there are actually 3 other major parts under the famvin umbrella beyond just the news
- a Vincentian wikipedia or library for things Vincentian
- a learning center for continuing education and formation
- a communication hub for collaboration.
There is so much more [...]
This photo essay “The Calling of a Vincentian: Our Goals, Our Mandate“, is based on the words of Fr. Maloney, former Superior General, in the final Centennial Laureate Lecture of dePaul University’s 1998-1999 Centennial Celebration. May 10, 1999 but gives food for thought a decade later. This essay is one of the many Vincentian spirituality [...]
Subscribe to Updates
- jbf: For those who follow Pinterest ...
- jbf: For those with Facebook access.......
- Marguerite Broderick DC: Enjoyed this video very much; many thanks for prep...
- jbf: Niagara's "Community Garage Sale"...
- jbf: His reflection questions... 1. How are the Daug...
- Plastic shopping bags – sleeping mats for the homeless May 3, 2013
- The Pope and the Vincentian Superior General April 29, 2013
- Mother and Superior General May 15, 2013
- Daughters of Charity at Risk May 12, 2013
- Daughters of Charity Pentecost video May 14, 2013
- Vincent – Like a great fire! May 18, 2013
- The Seven Deadly Sins and The Great Gatsby May 17, 2013
- Vincentian Collaboration in Ethiopia May 17, 2013
- Behind the scenes – Daughters of Charity May 17, 2013
- Blisters for Sisters! May 17, 2013