Among the feautres on this site ….Cardinal Praises Vincentian Family”You are the kind of people who create the conditions by which this spark of fighting economic injustice is caught, and passed on. It is you that someone bumped into, your article they read, or your passion which persuaded them to go to a place where [...]
Archive | Vincentian Family News RSS feed for this section
Niagara university community will celebrate its annual Vincentian Heritage Convocation on Tuesday, January 27th. This years’ honorees are Sister Mary Rose McGeady, D.C., the former head of Covenant House who has devoted her life to serving the needs of children, who will receive the Caritas Medal; and Fran Boltz, coordinator of the NU Community Action [...]
On January 24-25, the Vincentian Marian Youth (JMV) International Council held a meeting at Los Molinos, Madrid, Spain, for its regular session to start the year. .. The JMV presently operates in 65 countries.Fr. Robert Maloney, Director General; Gladys Abi-Said, International President; Sr. Wivine Kisu, General Councilor of the Daughters of Charity; Fr. Pedro Castillo, [...]
Catholic Charities and the Portland Society of St. Vincent de Paul will collaborate for the first time on an affordable housing project near the St. Vincent de Paul headquarters off of Powell Boulevard in Southeast Portland.Kateri Park, a 50-unit complex, will be located at SE 28th and Rhone. St. Vincent de Paul will lease the [...]
The Society of St. Vincent de Paul’s National Episcopal Advisor, Bishop Edwin M. Conway of Chicago, Illinois, is in need of our prayers. His battle with cancer continues and he is about to undergo another round of treatment. Please help us inform our Vincentians throughout the country to join in prayerful petition as we ask [...]
In a letter to major superiors of the Congregation of the Mission Fr. Robert Maloney writes that Fr. Javier Álvarez of the Province of Madrid has been named as the new Director General. Francisco Javier Álvarez Munguía at Vincentian Studies week last FallA larger version of his picture can be found on the Spanish language [...]
On Jan. 28, 1840, in Paris, France, the Blessed Virgin appeared to Sr. Justine Bisqueyburu, a Seminary Sister of the Daughters of Charity. This began a series of visits which culminated in a special gift of Mary: The Green Scapular. The official Green Scapular is made and distributed by the Daughters of Charity of the [...]
From the site of the Association of the Miraculous Medal “We are pleased to announce our new spiritual remembrance and ecard site! “Experience the new design and feature set, order multiple cards from Votive Light, remembrance, special occasion, and membership categories or send an inspirational ecard to a loved one. Check out all the new [...]
Ascension Health Care of which the Daughters of Charity are a part has series of short videos present various aspects of their Call to Action in Health Care.These videos, totaling 14 minutes in total, can be found by visiting http://www.ascensionhealth.org/about/call_action.asp Related FAMVIN Posts:No Related FAMVIN Posts
Selections from the January issue of Charity Alive have now been added to the “News Briefs & Features” section. Here you will find a brief account of one person’s experience in crossing the line into Fort Benning, as a follow-up to S. Mary Beth Moore’s article, “Presente: A Pilgrimage”. Charity Alive Related FAMVIN Posts:No Related FAMVIN Posts
Subscribe to Updates
- jbf: Another opportunity from the Sisters of Charity of...
- jbf: My apologies for missing Colorado Vincentian Volun...
- Éibhlis NicUaithuas: Also Colorado Vincentian Volunteers www.covivo.org...
- jbf: Ross Dizon's personal reflections http://vincent...
- jbf: For those who follow Pinterest ...
- Plastic shopping bags – sleeping mats for the homeless May 3, 2013
- The Pope and the Vincentian Superior General April 29, 2013
- Vincentian Service and Mission opportunities May 18, 2013
- Mother and Superior General May 15, 2013
- Daughters of Charity at Risk May 12, 2013
- Please pray! May 20, 2013
- What we have seen and heard we proclaim now to you, so that you too may have fellowship with us (1 Jn 1, 3) May 20, 2013
- Kickoff of Vincentian Family Collaborative Action Program May 20, 2013
- Celebrating the Bicentenary of the Birth of Frederic Ozanam May 19, 2013
- What would Vincent do? May 19, 2013