ABPnews writes… “Churches without policies governing online activity risk embarrassment, or worse. Sheryl Fancher likes to tell social media nightmare stories that make ministers cringe. Like the one about a pastor who posted derogatory remarks about church members on his Facebook page without realizing his account was set to public. Ouch. Fancher has been hired [...]
Archive | Social Media RSS feed for this section
So, here I am, on the Bolivian Altiplano, serving in a Vincentian International mission. I’m on Facebook and I write a blog. We don’t have cable. We don’t have 4G or 3G connections. We have very slow 2G, like most of the rural developing world. In countries like Bolivia, high speed internet is only in [...]
Digital technology and social media definitely enable churches to expand their reach far beyond the four walls of the sanctuary! Ministries have begun to get a firm grip on these new, exciting, web 2.0 technologies. Many churches are expanding their creative and strategic use of a wide variety of social media platforms to effectively share the Gospel of Jesus Christ! A recent [...]
The blog ChurchMag presents in interesting infographic with perspectives on protecting one’s privacy. There are a few things they recommend to protect ourselves on sites like Twitter and Facebook. You need to put all of your social media settings to a position that does not leave you to be exposed. Be vigilant about what you and your friends post. [...]
The website dedicated to internet evangelism offers some insight into the differences between the print media and digital media as tools of evangelization. Social networking basics Many people and organizations have mistakenly tried to apply an old ‘print culture’ model to the Internet in general and social media in particular. Print was largely one-way, mass-media, [...]
It depends! Here are some words of wisdom from a long time Non-profit activist, Jayne Cravens. The primary goal of a nonprofit, NGO, government agency or mother mission-based organization in using Twitter isn’t for its messages to go viral (to be retweeted/resent on a massive scale) Whether or not your organization should invest in using Twitter or another [...]
Subscribe to Updates
- jbf: Follow the events of this celebration as they unfo...
- georgia hedrick: Now if only I could make the LAWN addicts of the d...
- jbf: 4 faith perspectives on Gatsby ...
- jbf: Dear Georgia, thanks for giving us the facts! PS P...
- georgia hedrick: Water is more important than oil or gold or gas or...
- Plastic shopping bags – sleeping mats for the homeless May 3, 2013
- The Pope and the Vincentian Superior General April 29, 2013
- Vincentian Service and Mission opportunities May 18, 2013
- Vincentian experience of no water in the US May 21, 2013
- Mother and Superior General May 15, 2013
- Remember Memorial Day not because… May 24, 2013
- SVDP youth receive advocacy award May 24, 2013
- Photo album of VFCAP Day 1 May 24, 2013
- Most Holy Trinity May 24, 2013
- Elements of Vincentian Family Collaboration May 23, 2013