ABC News Related FAMVIN Posts:No Related FAMVIN Posts
Archive | Church RSS feed for this section
NEW YORK, APRIL 19, 2005 (Zenit.org).- Bishops in various countries quickly welcomed news of the election of Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger as Pope. Here are excerpts from some of the press statements released today. Archbishop Mario Conti of Glasgow, Scotland I know the new Pope personally. I have had the honor of meeting him several times [...]
BERLIN — In May 1945, thousands of German prisoners of war trudged down the highway toward the Bavarian town of Bad Aibling. Among them – tired but grateful to be alive – was 18-year-old Joseph Ratzinger, who days before had risked death by deserting the German army. “In three days of marching, we hiked down [...]
In the document, Pope John Paul said he had no property to be willed to others and that his personal belongings should be “distributed as seems appropriate.” The Franciscan-sponsored website writes…”According to the designs of providence, I have lived in the difficult century that is ending and now, in the year that I will turn [...]
The BBC has a story reporting on how the Cardinals are using cyberspace and the internet to share their experiences in Rome. Just weeks before his death, Pope John Paul II issued a letter urging priests and Church officials to explore the internet’s potential for evangelisation and education. ”Do not be afraid of new technologies! [...]
I, too, was 20, like you. I enjoyed sports, skiing, acting. I studied and I worked. I had desires and worries. In those years, now so long ago, when my native Land was wounded by war and then by the totalitarian regime, I sought the meaning to give to my life. I found it in [...]
For ongoing coverage of news about The death of Pope John Paul II and the election of his successor vist Google NewsIf you scroll to the bottom of the page you can access Google News in most major languages. Related FAMVIN Posts:No Related FAMVIN Posts
The Los Angeles Time has an flash video presentation of the steps from the death of a Pope to the election of a successor.Los Angeles Times Related FAMVIN Posts:No Related FAMVIN Posts
“Have no fear,” were the first words that His Excellency John Paul II addressed to the entire world from St. Peter’s Square on October 22, 1978 - From that moments tter to uder as much. From 1985, the Church has seen the surging of the World Youth Day celebrations. Its genesis – recalls the Holy Father [...]
My thoughts turn to you, dear priests, as I spend this time recuperating in hospital, a patient alongside other patients, uniting in the Eucharist my own sufferings with those of Christ. In this spirit I want to reflect with you on some aspects of our priestly spirituality.LETTER OF THE HOLY FATHER JOHN PAUL II TO [...]
Subscribe to Updates
- georgia hedrick: Now if only I could make the LAWN addicts of the d...
- jbf: 4 faith perspectives on Gatsby ...
- jbf: Dear Georgia, thanks for giving us the facts! PS P...
- georgia hedrick: Water is more important than oil or gold or gas or...
- jbf: Another view... ...
- Plastic shopping bags – sleeping mats for the homeless May 3, 2013
- Vincentian Service and Mission opportunities May 18, 2013
- Vincentian experience of no water in the US May 21, 2013
- The Pope and the Vincentian Superior General April 29, 2013
- The Seven Deadly Sins and The Great Gatsby May 17, 2013
- Mobile device tour of Vincentian Family Saints May 23, 2013
- Remembering another war and the Daughters of Charity May 23, 2013
- Singing with the Stars – VFCAP May 22, 2013
- Farm bill and SNAP alert – SVDP May 22, 2013
- Mickey McGrath – Vincentian art May 22, 2013