Zenit.com reports on a free iPhone application, which was just released for Android phones as well, aims to spread hope worldwide by promoting the message and devotion of Divine Mercy. Father Michael Gaitley of the Congregation of Marian Fathers of the Immaculate Conception, an order tasked with the official promotion of the Divine Mercy message explained that this Smartphone program can be used to guide devotions such as the Divine Mercy novena, which begins on Good Friday. In this interview, he underlined the importance of this devotion, particularly highlighted with the upcoming beatification of Pope John Paul II on the Feast of Divine Mercy, celebrated this year on May 1, and why the message is so important for the people of today’s world.
Divine Mercy! “There’s an App for that”
About John Freund, CMJohn Freund is a Vincentian priest with a passion for promoting collaboration among the many people inspired by Saints Vincent de Paul and Louise de Marillac and who welcome your engagement.Share your ideas and experiences!
Subscribe to Updates
- John Freund, CM: Pope encourages use of images in prayer ...
- marguerite broderick: So happy to see Sr Ellen's artwork here as we beg...
- Beth: It seems to me that Jesus indeed told us to see Ch...
- Sara Howley: Jesus is in glory, seated at the right hand of the...
- John Freund, CM: The gift of a Sister of Charity's life http://ca...
- People react to homeless Jesus… your reaction? March 1, 2014
- Update – List of Vincentian Family saints, blesseds February 25, 2014
- Art and Vincentian prayer in Lent March 4, 2014
- Saturday Study Hall – Trivializing the Vincentian Charism February 14, 2014
- Paths to New Frontiers – Tim Williams CM February 17, 2014
- Saturday Study Hall – “Change your way of thinking” March 7, 2014
- World Youth Day 2016 – Vincentian Youth Meeting March 7, 2014
- Mother General addresses Treasurers of religious communities March 7, 2014
- Formation Friday – Vincentian Lent March 6, 2014
- Women’s History – Catherine Spalding, Educational Pioneer March 6, 2014
Advocacy Australia A Vincentian reading of Sunday readings Benedict Change charity CM CM Curia Daughters of Charity DC Facebook family Featured Federation formation Francis Haiti homeless JMV Justice LCUSA Lent Louise Nazareth Ozanam Pope poverty SCN Seton Sisters-of-Charity Spirituality SSVDP strategies Superior General SVDP systemic Systemic change video Vincent Vincentian Vincentian Family WYD Youth YouTube zafen