The planning committee for the preparation of celebrations on the occasion of the 350th anniversary of the deaths of Vincent and Louise make the following suggestions…
350th Anniversary of the Death Of St. Vincent De Paul and St. Louis De Marillac
OBJECTIVES, STRATEGIES, COMMITTEES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Some Suggestions (27 August 2008)
That the Vincentian Family, together with the rest of the Church and the world, give homage to St. Vincent de Paul and St. Louise de Marillac as witnesses to and examples of love and service of the poor.
We give homage to SVP and SLM when we
1.Â Â Â Deepen the spirituality of our Vincentian charism.
2.Â Â Â Celebrate with the Church and the world their heritage.
3.Â Â Â Promote the love and service of the poor through concrete action(s) in partnership with other organizations of Church and society.
To create committees that will take responsibility for the attainment of the specific objectives. These committees are: Heritage, Celebration, Projects, and two auxiliary committees, namely the Secretariat and the Finance. The Executive Coordinating Committee serves as the link between the committees and the Vincentian Family International Heads group. (cf. Organizational Structure)
(Paris & Rome)
To realize Specific Objective no. 1, this Committee may
To realize Specific Objective no. 2, these Committees may
To realize Specific Objective no. 3, this Committee may
This Committee will
This Committee will
1. Organize ongoing formation sessions on Vincentian history, spirituality and experiences with the poor.
- Formation sessions
1. Organize the celebrations in Paris (March 2010) and Rome (September 2010)
- Church recognition of a “Year of Charity”
- Special prayers for the occasion
1. Suggest a specific project or projects for the poorest of the poor where various groups in the Vincentian Family may work together on the international level
1. Assist the various committees in their tasks, particularly in the communication and dissemination of information.
- Publications of symposium materials
- Internet page on 350th Anniversary
- Commemorative albums, medals, etc.
- Update the film “Monsieur Vincent”
- An Exposition on Vincentian Charism (cf. Appendix 1)
- Dictionary of the Vincentian Charism (c/o Mezzadri)
1. Coordinate with the various committees on their respective budgets.
2.Â Organize an “International School of Evangelization (cf. Appendix 1)
2. Invite the poor, the youth, our friends, benefactors, collaborators, etc.
2. Give recognition or awards to outstanding projects for the poor
- Form screening committee
- Grant awards on Mar. 15 & Sept. 27, 2010
2. This committee will assist the Executive Committee in coordinating the activities of the celebration.
2. Help raise funds, first for the expenses of the committees, and then for the project(s) and awards agreed upon by the VF.
- Fund-raising dinners, concerts, art-shows, etc.
- Meetings with foundations and aid-granting institutions
- Representation before UN and other international organizations
3. Organize tours of historical sites (Paris, Berceau, etc.) related to SVP and SLM
N. B. Each Committee is to choose its own secretary who will be responsible in communicating with the Secretariat, Finance Committee and the Executive Coordinators.
The Vincentian Family International Heads
1. In order to become better acquainted with the various groups and associations in our Vincentian Family, the VF International Heads may organize gatherings with newer members of VF or invite them to the annual meeting of Vincentian International Heads
2.Â It will decide on the common collaborative project(s) of the VF on the international level.
3.Â It will decide on the recipients of the awards to be given on the occasion of this celebration.
4.Â It will organize an International Secretariat for Vincentian Volunteers (cf. Appendix 1).
International Heads Commission
[Superiors General, Presidents, International Heads
of the Various Groups and Associations in the Vincentian Family]
International Executive Committee
[Representative(s) of the International Heads Commission]]
Executive Coordinator: Josef Kapusciak CM
Assistant Executive Coordinators: Sr. Palmarita Guida DC, Manuel Ginete CM
HeritageÂ Â Â Committee
FinanceÂ Â Â Committee
ProjectsÂ Â Committee
H. O’Donnell CM, ChairÂ Â Â G. Guerra CM, ChairÂ Â Â C. Santangelo CM, Co-ChairÂ Â Â J. Gouldrick CM, Co-ChairÂ Â Â Anne Sturm (AIC), Chair
J.C. Fonsatti C.M.Â Â Â E. Gioia CMÂ Â Â J. Suescun CMÂ Â Â G. Carulli CMÂ Â Â R. Maloney CM
Sylvie de Larminat (AIC)Â Â Â Yvon Sabourin RSVÂ Â Â Sr. A.M. Olmeda DC, Co-ChairÂ Â Â Sr. Rita Ferri DC, Co-ChairÂ Â Â J. Foley CM
Sr. Louise Sullivan DCÂ Â Â Marco Betemps (SSVP)Â Â Â Sr. M. Claire Narainen DC (Rome)Â Â Â Sr. Soledad Garcia DCÂ Â Â Michael Thio (SSVP)
Sr. Carmen Victoria Ruiz de Toro DC (AMM)Â Â Â Sr. S. Guastadisegni DCÂ Â Â Sr. Annabelle Escoto DC (Paris Secretariat)Â Â Â Mark McGreevy (De Paul International)Â Â Â M. C. LupiaÃ±ez (MISEVI)
Sr. Angeles Infante DCÂ Â Â Paris:Â Â Â Denise El Khoury (JMV)Â Â Â Â Â Â Sr. Ellen Flynn DC
B. Schoepfer CM, Co-chair
Sr. A-M. Hance DC, Co-chair
Jean Cherville (SSVP)
Pascale Lepeu (AIC)
Sr. Bernadette Prevot DC
[A similar structure may be set up on the Continental Level, National Level, or Local Level]
Detailed proposals for the 350Â° anniversary of Founder’s death 2010
1.Â International school of evangelization
Objective: training of evangelizers according to the principles of the “New Evangelization” in the framework of VF (laics, priests, sisters)
Addressers: max 30 people who have been in the VF for at least 3 years
Duration: 1 o 2 months
Methods: systemic and lab approach of the evangelization according to the following guidelines
- Charismatic education of FV
- Biblical education
- Theological educazion
- Missionary education
Educators: priests, laics, nuns on the FV, evangelization’s tesimonies, members of other school of evangelization.
Where: Roma, Casa Immacolata DC as the evangelization place of the apostles Peter and Paul (visit to the evangelization sites) or The Berceau de St Vincent de Paul…or in Paris
Costs: 1-month stay, speakers’ salary, secretary; these costs would be covered by the fees.
2.Â International Vincentian Volunteers secretary
Objective: give the opportunity to the members of VF to experience international volunteer activities within the DC and CM premises (3-6 -12 months) from the departure up to the return home (talking with the volunteer, choice of the premise, arrangements with the premise’s chief, information about the sojourn, the travelling etc.)
Addressers: VF laics or other volunteers of 2 years at least.
Where: Roma orÂ Paris
3.Â Vincentian’s Expo
Objective: promote and diffuse Vincentian culture, propose the charisma, vocational proposal
Expo partecipants: VF artists, representatives of different branches of the VF
- Artists’ stands:
Arts: (paintings, sculptures, music, icons illustrating Vincentian characters or charisma)
Literature: (books representing Vincentian characters or charisma, VF Saints’ biographies, International congresses papers for the 350Â°..)
Massmedia: (documentaries, videoclip on Vincentian charisma, blogs, website)
- Stands of different branches of the VF
- Stands meetings, proposals, promotion
Duration: 3 days to be located after an international event proposed for the 350Â° ( meeting, symposium, celebration etc….)
- Invite all the VF artists at the Expo
- Invite the chiefs of the VF branches to take part to the Expo
- Identify 2 people responsible for the organization of the Expo
- Give delivery deadlines
- Propose one or two prizes for the most beautiful work of art
- Advertise the event according to the procedures of the Municipality where the event takes place
Where: Roma or……. In a local level…
Costs: all costs are on the VF branches. Prizes can be scholarships, fees …