Criminalizing homelessness seems to be the result of an ordinance referred to a task force by the city council in New Orleans. A Daughter of Charity has spoken out against the proposal. Read the story. Related FAMVIN Posts:No Related FAMVIN Posts
Archive | April, 2008
Today two interesting stories about Society of Saint Vincent de Paul thrift stores hit online news sources: Life is now a steal, about increases in shoplifting perhaps being related to rising costs of living; Old clothes make new fashion, a novel way of recycling clothing. Related FAMVIN Posts:Vincentians hand over 50 houses to typhoon victimsSVDP [...]
The March, 2008 newsletter of the Sisters of Charity of Saint Elizabeth highlights the Elizabeth Coalition to House the Homeless and describes how the Sisters are involved. There’s more. Download the .pdf. Related FAMVIN Posts:No Related FAMVIN Posts
The Autumn, 2008 Vision, a publication of the St Vincent de Paul Society in NSW/ACT Australia is now online. Included: white paper on homelessness, Mate Helping Mate DVD launch, much more. Download the .pdf. HT, Tim Williams, C.M. at Vincentians Australia News. Related FAMVIN Posts:CEO women in Vinnies Sleepout focus on female homelessnessYou win some [...]
Care Connections blogs about global poverty and provides a forum for people interested in global policy issues to speak out and network with others. It also aggregates news and blogs on the topic. Visit the Web site. Related FAMVIN Posts:No Related FAMVIN Posts
A series about the history of Immaculate Conception School in Newburyport, Massachusetts USA, looks at reasons Catholic schools were started in the United States and mentions the crucial role of the Sisters of Charity of Nazareth in this particular school. Read the article. Related FAMVIN Posts:No Related FAMVIN Posts
In an article which asks, “Where are our saints?”, Sister of Charity Miriam Teresa Demjanovich’s name is mentioned. Read the article and, if you haven’t already done so, take a look at the evolving entry at Vincentian Encyclopedia. Related FAMVIN Posts:No Related FAMVIN Posts
Ten years ago workers at a thrift store of the Society of Saint Vincent de Paul in Everett, Washington USA rescued an unusual box trash headed for the dumpster. Read the story. Related FAMVIN Posts:Vincentians hand over 50 houses to typhoon victimsSVDP International – New Spiritual Director SSVDP President General visits Hong Kong Daughters of [...]
The 2008 US gathering of the Vincentian Family in New Orleans took place in a city where Vincentian presence has been strong since the early 1800s. St. Joseph Church, established in 1844, has been in the care of the Congregation of the Mission since 1858. Attendees of the gathering visited the church on April 11. [...]
Loretta O’Donnell, program officer with the Ministry Foundation of the Sisters of Charity of Cincinnati, was impressed by a recent presentation by the new director of theÂ Catholic Campaign for Human Development. Read the article. Related FAMVIN Posts:No Related FAMVIN Posts
Subscribe to Updates
- jbf: Another opportunity from the Sisters of Charity of...
- jbf: My apologies for missing Colorado Vincentian Volun...
- Éibhlis NicUaithuas: Also Colorado Vincentian Volunteers www.covivo.org...
- jbf: Ross Dizon's personal reflections http://vincent...
- jbf: For those who follow Pinterest ...
- Plastic shopping bags – sleeping mats for the homeless May 3, 2013
- The Pope and the Vincentian Superior General April 29, 2013
- Vincentian Service and Mission opportunities May 18, 2013
- Mother and Superior General May 15, 2013
- Niagara U. students donating “left-over” items May 1, 2013
- Something new is happening … in Paris May 21, 2013
- Please pray! May 20, 2013
- What we have seen and heard we proclaim now to you, so that you too may have fellowship with us (1 Jn 1, 3) May 20, 2013
- Kickoff of Vincentian Family Collaborative Action Program May 20, 2013
- Celebrating the Bicentenary of the Birth of Frederic Ozanam May 19, 2013