For a little fun to begin the New Year click. Related FAMVIN Posts:No Related FAMVIN Posts
Archive | December, 2005
Since 1892, The Daughters of Charity of St. Vincent de Paul have worked hard to provide care, education and training for People with an Intellectual Disbility. We provide a seamless partnership of care for people from infancy right through to old age. Our work is ultimately about people, their dignity and their quality of life. [...]
International donors are getting behind a project being developed by the World Bank and Roll Back Malaria aimed at making new, effective malaria drugs affordable worldwide in a year. By using a subsidy of at least $100 million provided by aid donors, officials hope to stimulate competition among companies developing malaria drugs, pressing down the [...]
All eight New York dioceses are taking part in a multistep implementation plan for “Restoring the Covenant: A Pastoral Letter on Society’s Responsibility to the Poor and Vulnerable.” The New York state bishops released the letter last March and approved the implementation plan in June. Richard Koubek, who wrote a study guide for the pastoral [...]
(BARDSTOWN, Ky.) — Monday marked the one year anniversary of the South Asia tsunami. Among the first to offer aid were the Sisters of Charity of Nazareth. (T)hey are getting ready to visit the storm-ravaged region again.(BARDSTOWN, Ky.) — Monday marked the one year anniversary of the South Asia tsunami — the worst natural disaster [...]
One of EWTN’s favorite hosts, Fr. Mitch Pacwa, SJ, will interview SVdP President Joseph D. Flannigan LIVE on January 4, 2006 at 8 PM Eastern Time http://www.ewtn.com/tv/prime_wednesday.asp This is a great opportunity for an invigorating Vincentian get-together. Invite other Members and prospective members to watch the live broadcast with you. Record the program and watch [...]
Vatican, December 28, 2005 (Catholic World News) – Pope Benedict XVI will visit a Vatican pediatric clinic run by the Daughters of Charity on December 30th. The Holy Father will make a midday visit to the Saint Martha clinic for needy children, set up inside the grounds of Vatican city in 1922 and administered by [...]
Vatican City, Dec. 28 2005 The Holy Father approved the canonical election Fr. Georges Bou-Jaoudé, C.M., Superior of the Religious Order of Mejdlaya, as Archbishop of Tripoli of the Maronites (Catholics 101,350, priests 171, religious 226) in Lebanon. Vatican City, Dec. 28 2005 The Holy Father approved the canonical election of the following prelates for [...]
The 2005 International Assembly of MISEVI (Dec. 26-30) is being held at the birthplace of Vincent.The first series of photos are now available. Related FAMVIN Posts:No Related FAMVIN Posts
World Travel Professionals, one of Australia’s most innovative travel management companies, has issued a Christmas challenge to the travel industry to give back to the community rather than giving presents this year. – Sisters of Charity in Sri Lanka benefit with a significant donation. Inspired by the recent efforts of colleague Shona Slade, who travelled [...]
Subscribe to Updates
- jbf: Another view... ...
- jbf: Frequent famvin contributor Susan Stabile offers t...
- jbf: Another opportunity from the Sisters of Charity of...
- jbf: My apologies for missing Colorado Vincentian Volun...
- Éibhlis NicUaithuas: Also Colorado Vincentian Volunteers www.covivo.org...
- Plastic shopping bags – sleeping mats for the homeless May 3, 2013
- The Pope and the Vincentian Superior General April 29, 2013
- Vincentian Service and Mission opportunities May 18, 2013
- Mother and Superior General May 15, 2013
- Daughters of Charity Pentecost video May 14, 2013
- Vincentian experience of no water in the US May 21, 2013
- Something new is happening … in Paris May 21, 2013
- Please pray! May 20, 2013
- What we have seen and heard we proclaim now to you, so that you too may have fellowship with us (1 Jn 1, 3) May 20, 2013
- Kickoff of Vincentian Family Collaborative Action Program May 20, 2013