A series of reports of activities of the JMV (Vincentian Marian Youth) around the world.The National Council’s visit to the Czech Republic confirmed the need to work more to activate the Association there, with the help of the Sisters. They hope to encourage adult members to help out in the task of coordinating the centres. [...]
Archive | May, 2003
The SDVP (Society of St. Vincent DePaul) reached the shores of Karachi in 1869 and St. Patrick’s was the first to set up a conference which was then attached to the Council of Bombay. In 1947 there were just 4 conferences this expanded to 14 in 1960. With the introduction of twinning scheme the society [...]
this school-year St.George in Istanbul is celebrating 120 years of Vincentian service in Turkey. St.George`s church and house were bought by a German confrere, expelled by Prussia in the time of the “Kulturkampf” and working with the French confreres of St.Benoit in November 1882. The Austrian Vincentians took over in 1891 and have remained here [...]
The National Pastoral LIfe Center will hold it 2003 Social Action Summer Institute at St. John’s University July 20-25.Highlights of the 17th Annual Rountable include: Track I (for new participants): “Foundations of Catholic Social Teaching: Roots in Scripture and Tradition” with Rev. J. Bryan Hehir, President of Catholic Charities, USA; Counselor, Catholic Relief Services and [...]
In Addis Ababa the Daughters of Charity are trying to break the cycle of poverty through their work at the ATSE School. For more details visit http://www.vincentians.ie/ethiopia.htm Visit the website of the schools at http://www.bruton.biz/atsi to find out more about this amazing school helping the poorest of the poor who are not able to attend [...]
- Delegates at 1997 Assembly News of the upcoming Assembly from the international website of the Daughters of Charity…”The Company of the Daughters of Charity of Saint Vincent de Paul, after three years of preparation, is ready for the important event of their General Assembly that will take place from May 20th to June 22nd, [...]
Reports in NUNTIA … – “Fruits of the 2002 Vincentian Month” – ” Vincentian Family in Brazil -4-6 April”Fruits of the 2002 Vincentian Month. After the experience of the 2002 Vincentian Month for the Advisors of the Vincentian Family, a significant number of those who participated in this meeting shared the way in which they [...]
The story in the May 19, 2003 issue of America begins as follows: ” My niece’s friend asked: “Does the Sign of the Cross always have to be made with the right hand?” Another friend reacted immediately: “Of course it must.” A third retorted, “But isnít that awkward for a left-handed person?”An account of this [...]
Pope John Paul II declared the Basicila of Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal (Achrafieh, Beirut, Lebanon) a “place of pilgrimage” during the month of May. . The Basicila , under the guidance of the Vincentian Community, celebrates its golden anniversay (1953-2003). In light of this fact, the Pope has bestowed on the shrine the [...]
http://www.daughtersofcharity.org.uk/news/Vincentian%20Volunteers%20AGM.htm Related FAMVIN Posts:No Related FAMVIN Posts
Subscribe to Updates
- jbf: Another opportunity from the Sisters of Charity of...
- jbf: My apologies for missing Colorado Vincentian Volun...
- Éibhlis NicUaithuas: Also Colorado Vincentian Volunteers www.covivo.org...
- jbf: Ross Dizon's personal reflections http://vincent...
- jbf: For those who follow Pinterest ...
- Plastic shopping bags – sleeping mats for the homeless May 3, 2013
- The Pope and the Vincentian Superior General April 29, 2013
- Vincentian Service and Mission opportunities May 18, 2013
- Mother and Superior General May 15, 2013
- Daughters of Charity Pentecost video May 14, 2013
- Kickoff of Vincentian Family Collaborative Action Program May 20, 2013
- Celebrating the Bicentenary of the Birth of Frederic Ozanam May 19, 2013
- What would Vincent do? May 19, 2013
- Summer singles ministry outreach May 19, 2013
- Vincent dePaul – Pioneer of “lay ministry” May 19, 2013